David Bowie's Eyes

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The List Grows

Add to the list of poetry book contests I have not won Pittsburgh University Press's Agnes Lynch Starrett Prize. I have not won this prize a few times before, but I think that this time was the last. For the second time in three years, the prize was awarded to a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh's MFA program; this year's winner even lives in Pittsburgh. In the post-Foetry era, Pitt Press's lack of concern about such (perceived?) impropriety is stunning.

So I'm breaking up with them. I recommend to anyone in a similar position (save my friends with MFAs from Pitt, obviously) to do the same.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check out Poets.net

    ;=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home