David Bowie's Eyes

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dude, Where's My Ark?

Morons around the world are rejoicing at the announcement of the latest (there have been many) discovery of Noah's Ark, this time on a mountain in Iran. According to some sources, the "discovery" was made by a group of Texas (surprised?) businessmen; others attribute it to "Christian explorer" Bob Cornuke. My favorite quote--and there are some beauties, believe me--is this one, ascribed to the aformentioned Texas businessmen: "I can't imagine what [the find] could be, if it's not Noah's Ark."

I imagine, of course, that he was shooting pistols into the air in celebration as he said it, and that he finished it off with a yee-haw! But seriously: to what question is "Noah's Ark" the most obvious answer?

Another stunningly stupid write-up of the non-event comes from the Christian Worldview Network. The folks over at CWN go to great lengths to point out that their articles are copyrighted, so I won't quote from this one. I will, however, point out that one of the sources they turn to to give these Ark ruins the thumbs-up for authenticity is none other than Mary Irwin, whose late husband was an Apollo 15 astronaut. Now, that's some competent journalism!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home