David Bowie's Eyes

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Happily Stumbling

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I feel as though I run out of things to look at on the web. There are times when I'd like to keep browsing, but I've already looked at all of my usual sites. What to do? (Something productive, you say? Shut up.)

But now that dilemma is a thing of the past, thanks to Stumble Upon, a web browser extension designed to help users find new and interesting ways to waste time on the internet. It works this way: you tell Stumble Upon what you like (say, birds, baking, and Al Gore), and then, whenever you run out of things to look at on the web, you hit the "Stumble!" button on your toolbar, and it takes you to a randomly-chosen site related to your interests. Like this one. Then you can rate the site (thumbs up or down) to improve future stumbles. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home