David Bowie's Eyes

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Greetings, Earthlings

So this is the first post on the DBE blog.

A GM ad just came on TV featuring employees (a conspicuously diverse bunch) patting themselves on the back for creating a hydrogen-fueled car, which looked small enough to be crushed by either a Hummer or a Yukon. Way to go, guys! Way to go, too, to Honda, makers of both the Prius and the new earth-chewing Ridgeline pickup. Environmental consciousness, like everything else, isn't driven by principle; it's driven by profit.

I'm an adjunct at a private university. I live in a teeny house with my wife and dog. My wife works in retail. My dog works to get things out of the garbage. I'm not using my name to give myself a bit of latitude, but I don't plan to bash my students or my bosses, or to use this forum to out any co-workers, etc. Sorry.

Here's a picture of my dog:



I'm sure you'll see many pictures of my dog, as he is pretty much the best. During a recent thunderstorm, he was too afraid to go outside, and so he crapped on my notes for a class. Even that was adorable.

Come back soon for discussions of: rock music, poetry, professional football, and the pros and cons of cable.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home